The Role of a School counsellor
- Assess the student’s interests, needs, GPA, admission test scores, extra-curricular activities.
- Assess the student’s personal preferences, social goals, and values in consultation with parents/guardian.
- Compile a list of potential colleges and universities for the student to research.
- Collaboratively choose colleges and universities to which the student will apply to and have a high probability of being accepted and succeed.
- Determine the time frame in which the student will commence the application process.
- Provide assistance with completing admissions applications, resume development, personal statement/essay topic selection and review.
- Monitor the student’s progress with the application process providing direction and advice throughout the process