Sports & CCA
Physical Education at SIS, contributes to the overall education of the student by helping him / her to lead a full and valuable life through engaging in purposeful physical and creative activities.
- Develop problem solving skills.
- Establish self esteem through the development of self confidence
- Develop inter personal skills
- Provide well balanced physical education program
- Develop an awareness of movement as a creative medium in the development of communication, expression and aesthetic appreciation as reflected in Dance and Gymnastics
Furthermore, at SIS we acknowledge that the aim of Physical Education is to encompass enjoyment and satisfaction and therefore encourage promoting all of the above.
Salient features :
- Provide physical education program to meet the overall development of child.
- Proper introduction of movements so to develop skills
- Positive approach towards the game
- Planned PE curriculum for all the grades
- Participation in Interclass, Inter-school, Inter-House, Annual Sports-meet and other tournaments.
- Outdoor activities, Leadership camps, Recreational Games, Adventure sports.
- Health Assessment Records
- Physical fitness assessment of students
- Timely orientation of Teachers to meet new horizons
(Meetings / discussions with parents)
The Physical Education Department (PE) strives for continual development of sports at SIS. The department does not leave any stone unturned and strives continuously for its betterment and development, grabs every opportunity for students to participate in various tournaments and showcase their talents. In recent years many of our students have brought number of laurels to the school by participating and winning in various sports activities.
- Rope Malkhamb
- Table Tennis
- Western Dance
- Debate and Elocution